IJAW WORLD STUDIES CLUB
HISTORY CULTURE & LANGUAGE
You are an Ijaw (Ijo, Izon) Person. You may or may not have knowledge about your Ijaw history, culture and language. The Ijaw World Studies Club (IWS Club) has designed a online content that will introduce you to the fundamentals of your Ijaw Identity. We will give you an understanding, insight and knowledge of the Ijaw People as a foundation for you to continue your own learning, and strengthen your own Ijaw identity if you so wish to do so.
Programme of Learning
- IJO (IJAW) HISTORY:
- Preliminary Investigation of Evidence – Archaeological, Anthropological-linguistics, Oral Tradition and Ancestral Mythology: (Short Summary)
- The Peopling of Africa and preliminary investigation into Nile-Valley African classical civilisation & Relationships to West Africa – 10,000 BC to 650 AD: (Short Summary)
- The Genesis of the Ijo People 500BC to 1000AD: (Short Summary)
- The Final Movement of the Ijos from the Benin Region 1100 AD to 1600 AD: (Short Summary)
- Evolution of the Ijo People 650 AD to 1900 AD: (Short Summary)
- The Ijo People and the arrival of Europeans-The Atlantic Slave Trade 1450-1850 AD: (Short Summary)
- The Ijo & Colonisation 1800 –1960 AD (Short Summary)
- The Ijo People and Nigeria-1900 till date: (Short Summary)
- The Ijo People in the United Kingdom: (Short Summary)
- IJO TRADITIONAL CULTURE AND CUSTOMS:
- Community Life.
- Traditional Institutions.
- Traditional Spiritual Culture & Christianity.
- Traditional Professions Trade and Industry.
- The NIGER DELTA ENVIRONMENT
- The natural Niger Delta verses the Political Niger Delta
- The natural ecosystems of the Niger Delta
- Peoples of the Niger Delta
- The problems of industrial activities and pollution
- Coastal erosion, natural riverbank erosion and human activity.
- The IJO (IJAW) LANGUAGE
- The Ijo (Izon, Ijaw) language classification
- The various dialects and variant languages spoken by the Ijo People
- Basic numerals in the Ijo language
- Basic everyday words in the Ijo language
- How to speed up learning the Ijo language
Text Books on Ijaw History and Culture
Research Documentation on Ijaw History and Culture
Text Books on Ijaw (Izon) language
CD’s and Internet based resources on Ijaw (Izon) language